Thursday, September 3, 2009

When The Pills Run Out

I wander town
Whenever I am by myself
It's hard to tell
How far with it I could go
These hands you see
Are waiting to betray me
And if I drop out of the circle
Please come and find me
And nurse me back to life
Bring back the good inside

You won't know me
When next year's autumn arrives
I'll be far away
In a place where I can't survive
You can't reach me
No matter how you swear you'll try
And when I lose you there
In that valley of fear
I'll lay down my sword and die
I'll meet you on the other side

I can see you there
A premonition in my eye
You're trying hard
To hold me from the fire
Your tears stream down
Causing quakes as they hit the ground
But I can't hold you baby
And lie in your ear
Tell you I will be OK
When I'm about to drop away

Hold on tight
To these days that come around
When you see me smile
Or the stories I always tell
They're threatened now
One more day of easiness is down
But I'll miss you mama
Wherever I go
However I'm weighted down
I'll still love you when I break the bow

No comments:

Post a Comment