Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ink

Ink stained fingers
And an ache in my head
This is what you left me
This is what I have
My mind doesn't wander
Your echo won't quit
I'll binge on your memory
Then purge till I forget
Forget all these poems
And silly little rhymes
Forget this tattoo
That reminds me of the time

You called me up
Your excitement danced through my ears
You were headed to the shop
And you hoped I would be there
To share with you a moment
To bond in our excess
Three children's names engraved
Into their Daddy's proud flesh
And I can see you sitting
In that chair all alone
Raising your head when the door opened
Waiting for the ringing of your phone
Surely little sister
Must be on her way
But I never was
And I never came

And now the words bleed
From a tear stained page
Regret will be my master
And I will be it's slave
And whenever I arrive
I'll see you in that chair
You'll look at me and smile
Brother, I am here

No comments:

Post a Comment