Monday, November 1, 2010

53132

They finally ran me out of town
All these piranhas in the streets
Since the first day on the school bus
They've been nipping at my feet
Drawing blood with their words
Leaving scars with their stares
I can't be somebody else
And I can't fit in here

The children spit upon me
And the parents turned their heads
What could the loss of her mean
She doesn't match our steps
They made me dance with demons
That's why I sing this way
You might want me gone
But Franklin, I don't want to stay

Keep your houses on the hill
Keep your winning football team
With every day that passes
I lose respect for this scene
All you pretty people
And all your stagnant ways
Like the darkness to the sunset
You chase all the color away

I'll pack my bags quietly
And drive towards the East
Bruised from all your visions
Of what I'm supposed to be
What is it you fear so much
What don't you understand
You'd rather clip a rare bird's wings
Than to see it fly from your hands

No comments:

Post a Comment