Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Stars Tell Me Secrets

The stars tell me secrets
After you lay you down to sleep
Sometimes they break through the twilight
And sometimes they drown in the deep
They whisper to me of colors
So beautiful only God can see
They say you can taste them for a lifetime
And that a lifetime is eternity
They explain why no birds can fly there
Though they love to watch them sail
That they breathe in the universe so greatly
That their muses would be inhaled
They talk to me of implosions
How the sky blisters from the burn
They talk to me of blackholes
From which their friends have never returned
And when they mention friends
That is when our eyes finally meet
Me from my iris
And they, from their gleam
They miss you in their light
And how we taught them to shine
They say that they don't see you much
Now that your friendship is not mine
I tell the stars to not dim
To not let go of their glow
Don't let longing overtake you
It is your job to lead and show
So when you look up into the sky
And you see the stars suddenly dance
Don't think they dance for another
Don't think they twinkle by chance
The stars that tell me secrets
Want me to pass one onto you
They say they weep through the night
And you mistaken their tears for morning dew

No comments:

Post a Comment