Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Guess

If your life is garnished with rainbows
I guess you should stand beneath their hue
If your days are sweet as gum drops
I guess it's on their sugar that you should chew
If unicorns hold your saddle
You might as well gallop through the silk
If the wine is aged as ever
I suppose it should coat your liver like milk
If your cigarettes taste smooth like mist
And their musk doesn't blanket your clothes
I guess you should let laughter fill your lungs
Till they tinge with the will to explode
I suppose it wouldn't be Christian of me
To hope you spend your nights alone
To envision you head in hands
To find a pleasure in sorrowed bones
I guess it would mark me cruel
And I guess a little fucked up
But I was never one for forgiveness
So I hope your clumsiness spilt your cup

No comments:

Post a Comment