Friday, October 25, 2019

Beautiful Things

Bullets are flying and monsters are real
The darkness is here and it's nipping our heels
Shit's getting crazy, nah, shit's gone insane
Hope is on fire and our heroes are tame
One stumble away from an early grave
They tell us we're free but we fear like slaves
Everywhere that you look the sky's going gray
This wonderful world don't seem so pretty these days

But I see beautiful things when I close my eyes
I see the woman I love with her hand in mine
I see the leaves on the ground, the blue in the sky
I see my dad and my brother playing poker with Christ
I can sing like Janis, I can strum like Cash
I got Elvis hips and Liberace class
I fight like a sinner but forgive like a saint
I see beautiful things when I go blind and paint

No comments:

Post a Comment