Sunday, July 3, 2011

Three Leaf Clover

I went out to my friend's grave
It's where she rests her bones
She left us in December
Two and a half years ago
I go out there to see her
When I need a little relief
She just lies there listening
As I stand at her feet
She never says a word back
Just like those sweeter days
She just lets me ramble on
Though now tears mar my face
And on this day in July
No, the sounds they did not change
But when I walked up to greet her
I saw a lone clover upon her grave
I stood there for just a moment
And I hoped it might be true
That maybe upon further inspection
The clover would be two plus two
You see, life has been trying
And my shoulders they are quite bruised
If my world will not spin around
A little clover will have to do
So I bent down with hope
And an excitement in my stoop
C'mon my dear friend from across the way
Let my faith prove true
I placed my hand upon its stem
And I twirled it with my thumb
But faith is held by the blind
And hope is believed by the dumb
This was not a four leaf clover
So my friend had not placed it there
For if she had grown it from beyond
It would have been blessed with a little more care

No comments:

Post a Comment