Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Brother's Whiskey #2

My brother's whiskey
Sit here and have a glass
Maybe you'll see his smile
Maybe you'll hear his laugh
His eyes will meet with yours
Like they did on autumn nights
He'll lay his hand on your shoulder
Then he'll drift back into the light
Whenever I can't find him
I bring this bottle down
And like the moon to the twilight
He always comes around
He dances through my memory
With boots of chestnut leather
He clinks his glass with mine
And recites a toast learned in the ether
We sing our songs again
His voice is sweeter than I recall
Like the waves on the ocean
A hypnotic rise and graceful fall
And just when I think I sense his breath
He disappears into the mist
But though I can't feel it
He leaves me with a whiskey laced kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment