Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sing My Songs

Sing my songs from the blacktop
While your wheels go round and round
Where your smile seems to fail you
Those words won't let you down
When the traffic moves too fast
Or the lights are always crimson
Gather round you hope
In the shadow of a mandolin
Up upon a mountaintop
Where your lips can touch the clouds
Down in musty gutters
Drown out the rats with my sounds
When you stand at the jukebox
And your friends have all gone home
Feel my arm around you
No other friend has loved you more
If the room has fallen dark
Or the sun exploded in your lap
Whether you pine for the ones before you
And curse the ones in back
I'll send you words to pull you forward
A melody to light your eyes
Like the tide will bring for eternity
Now sing for me one last time

No comments:

Post a Comment