Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cherry Velvet Shoes

This is gonna be the year
The year the devil backs down
When my feet hit the floor
You'll feel a rumble ripple the ground
I'll run fast through my heart
But swagger slow through my step
Heads will turn my direction
And wonder how I have anything left
They thought the dark had dimmed me
Like a flame too weak to breathe
They thought the rain had drown me
Like lilies washing out to sea
I have walked through Hell
And I have arrived here to say
There's nothing much to smile for
So I've decided not to stay
The black can have its bruise
I'll color me only in the bright
The fire can have its blister
I'll find my warmth within the light
Open the screen door to place my foot
On the neck of all these blues
"Who's that girl with the happiness
In the cherry velvet shoes?"

No comments:

Post a Comment