Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goodnight Bradley

Goodnight Bradley
I guess it's time I go
Summer has turned to fall
And autumn has turned to snow
Through the leaves you sent a sparrow
And through the frost you sent a song
Whether I see you or whether I feel you
You have been here all along
If a peace is what finds you
Please run so you might meet
If a light lures you forward
Turn your face toward its heat
If you feel the touch of those before
Pull them close as you did I
If you fight through layers to reach me
I give you the freedom to not try

Goodnight Bradley
Was it this hard for you too
When you looked up to the heavens
And gave your farewell to the moon

If your heroes offer you whiskey
Remove your hand from my shoulder
Drink with them from a pearl chalice
Rather you tickled than I warmer
If a hand of poker is dealt
Don't hesitate to try your luck
Rest in a chair of red velvet
And savor the thrill of a royal flush
When you hear the strum of a guitar
Please follow its melody
I want the soles of your boots to be worn
When you ask for a dance with me
And when you see me hang my head down
Feel no pressure to gather relief
Stay where there is delight
Goodnight Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment