Monday, January 3, 2011

Damn, If He Doesn't Know My Name

I still shake my head sometimes
And can't believe this life is mine
Where are the caviar and truffles
That dreams promised I would dine
Maybe it was my clumsy feet
Or the gargle in my voice
Maybe it was my apathy
Maybe it was my choice
I gave the reigns to the wind
And spread my arms open wide
I've galloped down some sunflower hills
I've rode some crystal tides
But just beyond the sunset
Where the horses lay their heads
Where the flowers wilt in the moonlight
Where the waters reach their ebb
The devil dances in the silence
With the nimblest of feet
He curls his finger towards me
And invites me to learn his beat
I drink from his cup
And I smoke from his stash
I hold the hands of Jezebels
And then I pray for it to pass
But given just one second
To catch my cancered breath
I would sow the same seeds
I would reap the same death
I can't keep step with Jesus
His song is far too tame
There's only one other option
And damn, if he doesn't know my name

No comments:

Post a Comment