Saturday, January 1, 2011

Devil, Give Me Strength

Just a little vendetta
Made against the descending sun
If you should cower behind these mountains
Devil, give me strength
To rock the foundation it's beams rest upon
So that I might ride upon their rays
And shatter the gold it holds so dear
If you should steal my daytime
I'll burden you with the night that you fear

Just the teeter of the tipping point
That rests upon the edge of your tongue
If you should speak a foul word
Devil, give me strength
To pierce hearts like a penetrated virgin
So that I might collect tears
And lap them like a dog
If you should cause me to shed my skin
I'll be your gatekeeper to the fog

Devil, give me strength
If the Lord forgets I'm here
If all my indiscretions
Have given Him reason to deafen his ears
For every head needs a pillow
And every prayer needs a hope
The two of you can fight for mine
As long as I have somewhere to go

No comments:

Post a Comment