Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Against God

I am hungry
No, I will not die
I am thirsty
Against God I will survive
Making my way through the thorns
Clothes made of patch and stitch
Making my way through the brambles
Though I bleed I will not submit

They sent me down the narrow road
Balancing on the wire
Don't you hear my screams
Of agony, greed and desire

The poor have taken one more in
Into their damp domicile
The sails are raised
But the wind is still
I'll break out the paddles

Show you the slivers in my fingertips
And row towards the tower
The bills aren't paid
The food isn't made
The cupboards dry and empty
Popcorn and warm milk for dinner
While the rich revel in their plenty

Heart tied to a cinder block
At the bottom of the ocean
Luck is officially gone
She knows no devotion

I am hungry
No, I will not die
I am thirsty
Against God I will survive

No comments:

Post a Comment