Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Cry From The Shallow

Dear Jesus, have you cast me aside, into this salty ocean in which I reside
Of us who whisper from the hollow and shout from the pain
Scar out our fleshy boxes with scalpels and intake the drugs the devil brang
Us of the lonely, us of the weak, us of the shattered who've lost the will to speak
For us who have no will, for us who feel no love, of us who pray through the night that the sun will not rise up
The son of God who was sent her to pay for all my sins
Have you led me into the shallow where only the forbidden is given to live
Left me here imprisoned for the gallows I call my own
Left me here to blister in this desert I call my home
For the emptiness that surrounds me, the only company I have known
Sweet Jesus, have you left me here to fight this war alone
I cry out in the dark but no one knows my name
The kings men have all gone to bed while the servants scratch out their calloused veins
Sweet Jesus lays his head next to Mother Mary's grave
And she whispers to him softly, "You're little girl is still in pain."

1 comment:

  1. You know, you're pain has given birth to something beautiful... your writing. Perhaps life is not just random circumstance?

    ReplyDelete