Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mamma...It Ain't Strange

Clipping your own wings
To teach your children to fly
I sit back in my lawn chair
And watch feathers fall from the sky
Mamma asks me what I'm doing and I just sigh
Tell her I'm watching dreams drift down and die

Mamma doesn't understand
How I can just sit all day
But that's OK
I tell her it ain't strange

I've been laid off by men made of gold
They promised me a future
Then led me down a dead end road
Mamma asks me everyday
"Honey, what are you gonna do with your life?"
I say, "Ma, it's like I said
You can't be a dreamer if you get your ass out of bed"

Mamma just doesn't understand
How I can sleep the day away
But I tell her it's OK
Mamma, it ain't strange

Take some of what I'm saying
And pass it down the line
You only touch the moon
When you have stars in your eyes

Take some of what I'm passing
And breathe it in deep
You might be able to touch the sky
When they knock you off your feet

Mamma doesn't understand
How I can just dream all day
But thats OK
Mamma, it ain't strange

No comments:

Post a Comment