Thursday, August 6, 2009

One Day

One day you're going to know me
And you'll think to yourself
How you should have cracked a smile
And let a few words fall out
Then you'll try to recall
Why you didn't come to me
Cause it seems I'd understood you so clearly

One day you're going to see me
And you'll look in the mirror
To see the past reflecting back
On the glances you'd never steal
Then you'll stand and question
What it was that made me so hard to see
Cause now, all eyes are on me

One day you're going to love me
And you'll wish that I were around
To lie by you in the silence
And struggle with you through the sound
Then you'll sit and wonder
Why I never made your chest pound
Cause I sure am pulling on your heartstrings now

1 comment:

  1. So true. Anybody that really knows you knows it is. It's the adult version of an Old Bohemian nursery rhyme that I used to know..."They always, always picked on me. The never, ever let me be. But I'll tell you what I'll do... I'll eat some worms and then I'll die... and they'll all be sorry they picked on me."

    ReplyDelete