Sunday, August 9, 2009

Old Men Don't Know Shit

I was just standing here at work listening to my i-Pod when suddenly my boss, Bert, approached me. He asked me what song I was listening to, as he often does, and I told him at present time it was Nirvana's 'All Apologies' from the Unplugged album.

"You know that's why Kurt killed himself right?", he says to me.
"Because of Unplugged? I didn't know acoustic guitars could do that to a person", I replied.
"No, it was because he was playing all this hard, grunge music"....imagine a middle aged man playing air guitar while saying this..."and then he had to go soft so, BANG!", as he simulates a hand gun to the head.

I was pretty sure Kurt Cobain committed suicide because he was a bi-polar heroin addict who couldn't handle sudden super stardom while having his entire belief system ripped from him and sold to the masses. Marrying Courtney Love probably didn't help either. But apparently it was because he didn't have his Fender plugged in for one gig.

Lesson of the day according to Bert...never lose your edge or you'll lose your head.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's beautiful! Sitting here alone reading it, I belted out a good heart felt chuckle... and given my recent weight gain... I felt a little like Santa Claus! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nirvana Unplugged. this made me want to find that cd. that music makes you feel, just like your writing. proud of you steph

    ReplyDelete