Friday, August 7, 2009

GALATIANS 6:7

Don't be so bold as to think I cry for you
Don't be so naive as to think our story is through
This isn't black or white
This isn't right or wrong
Because if life were so simple
My heart wouldn't be so raw

If I wake up in the night and cry out your name
Don't pat yourself on the back, to think you've won this game
I only scream for treason, I only scream distrust
I only scream at myself, that my eyes couldn't wake up

I don't care for the loss of you
Or whomever you've become
I wouldn't care for the death of you
If tomorrow your eyes never saw the sun
You can live life ignorantly
You can live life dumb
But better yet to brace yourself
For the ride that's yet to come

Driven me through hell for decades of my pain
Given me the stitches that bear your noxious name
Lucrative and full have all my debts been paid
But, you, my little friend, how you've yet to slave

I've walked this road before, see my footprints there
It is no stranger to me or the weight that I bear
I've climbed higher mountains, I've walked through thicker weeds
But when it comes to this circumstance, you've tread the ground clean

I watch you everyday with eyes clear as glass
I see your arrogant smile
I hear your pompous laugh
You believe your one of God's chosen set to walk the hallowed road
But the Lord is a greedy foreman and the devil collects his gold

So breathe it in and breathe it out
And let it all sink in
For Hell's chauffeur told me
He knows where you live

1 comment:

  1. I need to dig out my Bible and study up before I can appropriately comment on this one.

    ReplyDelete