Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Moonlit Prayer

Sweet Sun, drench me in your rays
For I am cold and shivering, of the blood that runs in my veins
Sweet mother, hold me oh so softly
For I have lost the touch and love that once belonged to me
Sweet father, rage against my pain
It is me who has lost the strength that cannot be regained
Sweet sister, whisper to me loudly
The words that keep me fighting and cancel out the chance of dying
Sweet brother, stop my wrist from bleeding
For I can't stop this knife from touching the flesh that it is kneading
Sweet spirit, return to me again
I have lost you in the trenches and fear I've no return to depend
Sweet future, show me what's in store
For it's you who is honestly, the only thing I look for
And sweet Jesus, won't you come to me and wipe away my tears
That drown me in my ocean, my ocean of 17 years

No comments:

Post a Comment