Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Lady

Forgive me for the times
When you came to my door
And did not find a smile on my face
For I realize there will come a night
When I will sit alone in the dark
Listening for your footsteps
To tread upon my place

Or the times when you called
And an annoyed voice is all you found
Because this I know to be true
I will never find comfort in voice
Like that which I find in you

Butterflies aren't born as such
They grow within themselves
Weaving a wall from all that's light
Taking shelter in dark space
But fate, it always takes hold
And that day, it always comes
When colors pierce through the night
And wings expand towards the sun

So upon every flight
Over mountain or valley
Softly, I'll whisper your name
And in your heart you'll forever hear
"My lady"

1 comment:

  1. You know life can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I thought I was an alcoholic, so I was an alcoholic. Until my counselor told me that I wasn't an alcoholic, then I wasn't anymore (well not for like 6 months or so, but that's besides the point).

    ReplyDelete