Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Have Been A Straggler

I have been a straggler
Through halls of doom
I have been a desperate fool
Who settles for a raindrop to get her through
There isn't too much in this world
That this lonely heart wouldn't do
And it left me in pieces
And it left me in dust
And I think I've had enough

I have been led on
By a mirage of trust
I have forced my way into
A heart that didn't want as much
Went down into that shallow corner
Made of a plastic kind of love
And it left me with stains
And it left me with hate
And on soils that perpetually quake

I have branded my body
With the pen of blood
Covered in tattoos and scars
That left the ignorant in the dust
Bearing my sleeve to the masses
To help weed out the weak
And it left me with strength
And it taught me to stand
Over blindness in any man

I have been a straggler
Through tunnels of white
Staring at the sun
And walking away with rays of light
Starshine in the daytime
A mistress in the night
And it got me in love
And it got me home
And I know now where I belong

1 comment:

  1. Good analogy with the tattoos. Anyone that makes up their mind on something as superficial as some ink under your skin would never be able to "get" your depth anyway. Good litmus test. So when are we going for some fresh ink?

    ReplyDelete