Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dear Japan

Dear Japan
Take good care of my girl
Don't rain on her, don't make her blue
She deserves the sun
More than the flowers deserve the dew
Don't break her heart, don't trip her step
Her smile should be enough to grant your benevolence
Let her laugh, let her run
Let her drink her blessings by the cup
Wrap her in sweetness, wrap her in doves
That gather at her feet and help to lift her up
Send angels to keep vigil over her resting head
And clouds of white to make up her bed
Send her happiness, send her love
Deliver it with every color the autumn has ever brung

Go now my dear, it's time you must fly
Over sea and over snow, over mountain and the valley below
Far from my grasp but nearer to my heart
Remembering your eyes lighting up the dark
I hope you find your rhythm, I hope you find your beat
I hope you find smooth roads in Tokyo's streets
And if your eyes should catch a glimpse
Of glitter in the concrete
Dance
With cherry blossoms in your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment